Friday, December 12, 2008

Double Eww with icing on the side: Lisensya adventures in KL

Yesterday neighbor and I went to the Malaysian version of the LTO to get our driver's license. Wala lang gusto lang namin maging tunay at wagas na legal driver sa Malaysia. Saka na isipin kung san kukunin ang kotse. Who would have thought na hanggang dun pala eh aabot ang makamandag kong charm? hahaha.

The line was quick. 140 people in 15-20 minutes. Wow. Talk about quick service. When my turn came up I was feeling good. Mabilis lang to. Tamang tama na-ccr na ako. But of course kelangan maging complicated. Kaya nga adventure ang title ng blog na to diba? It started with the picture. The girl said my pic was too big and that I had to have another picture taken. She directed me to this photo me booth (meron pa pala nun?!). 7RM for 2 copies. Major harang but sige na lang. saka in fairness maganda ako sa picture. hahaha. When I came back with my newly developed picture, she told me to go to this other booth where two supervisors were. One was a girl (i saw her making chikka before) and the other was a guy (na thundercats na..). They started questionning my certification from the embassy, even insinuating na it was a doctored one. Syempre I argued back. I did not issue that certification. Sa loob loob ko, ang mahal nga ng cert na yan eh. kung pwede lang eh ako na lang magtratranslate. I finally introduced the "Dr" card so medyo nashut up siya. Parang spinach ni popeye yan eh. aatras si brutus once lumabas ang "I am a Dr." card. I was getting pissed since neighbor got hers in less than half the time and they never questioned her picture (na kasing laki ng aking orig) nor her certification (na identical to mine).

To make the long story short, kaya lang tumagal ang proseso ko dun eh kasi si manong thundercats ay gusto makipag friends. ANAK NG.. EWWW EWWW EWWW (reminiscent of Joana's voice). He used the two chuwariwariwaps under him to talk to me. Sabi ni girl super, "can my boss be your friend ah?" That is probably the worse pick up line ever! May kasama pang " does he look young? " at dinagdagan ni manong thundercats ng "can i call you sometime?" EWWWWWW. But syempre dahil goal oriented tayo, kelangan sumakay ng onti. Sabi ko, "you want to be my friend? sure. i have a lot of friends!" hahaha. baliw. Pero mas favorite ko yung sagot ko sa can i call you line-- "if im there i will answer the phone. but today im not in so i cant answer the phone" (makikulit daw ba?) Aba! torture ata syang tingnan so dapat lang makuha ko ang lisensya ko.

All the way to KLCC, reg and I were laughing like crazy. Talk about charm. Lumevel up ang charm ko kahapon. hahaha. Neighbor said that pang ms universe ata ko sa mundo nila. Angeli says its the hair (my highlights really makes me look more local now). For some reason I guess I am a hit to the weirdo community of KL. Haay. I know it should be flattering, but NO! isang EWWW talaga. Matatake ko pa yung mga janno gibs na pahello hello sa tabi tabi tulad ng aking mga guard fans (btw, nadagdagan na naman sila kagabi) Kala ko worse na yung si manong kindat nung sat sa pertama kompleks at si manong jani na pa hi hi sa LRT. di pa pala! hahaha. Eh si manong thundercats pa naman eh pwede ng maging bangkay sa shake rattle and roll part XX ang itsura.

Ewww Ewww Ewww Ewww.. Ang mga balahibo ko sa braso nagtayuang muli. Even when the orig girl was already printing my license, manong was still leering in the background.Sabi ni Jay and Angeli balik kami to get their license. Sana wala na si Manong dun. WISH KO LANG. Or better yet maghanap na lang kami ng iba pang branch ng JPJ. hahaha.

As I was leaving the dreadful booth with my newly laminated 2 year license (cheapitita. di man lang card type.), Manong thundercats said goodbye with a wave and smile. Eww. anong goodbye? good riddance kamo! hahaha.

No comments: